Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Tryst with Kitchen....

Hi All!! Today I thought of writing something that I stumbled upon by chance. Well yes..thats true. As they say "You can find motivation from anything/anyone around you" So I got my motivation from husband working on the weekend ( I am sulking :( ) But something ggod did come out of it and it was "Mango Peda" Yes you heard it right...My fav fruit in form of a peda and that too on the perfect occasion of Diwali!! I have mentioned the recipe below...

Ingredients

1.5 cups Mango puree

1 cup Mawa (or mix 1 cup milk powder in 1.5 cups milk) - I used Mawa.

1/2 to 1 cup Condensed Milk (depending on how sweet you like it)

1 tbsp Ghee

Pinch of saffron in milk (Optional)

Slivered almonds for garnishing.


Process

Heat the mango puree on medium high flame for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously. Then add Mawa (or Milk powder+ milk mixture) and again stir continuously till a smooth paste. Add the milk and saffron mixture. Then stir for another 10 - 15 minutes (CONTINUOUSLY) till the mixture starts leaving the sides and forms a dough like consistency. Take the dough out on a plate and let it cool. Start forming the pedas once its completely cooled. And devour :) The final product looks like this





PS: This is my first recipe post ever so sorry for no step by step pics. Hope you try this easy recipe and let me know how you find it in the comment box below. :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment